Timeframe: Mid to late Spring
- Our 2023 event is scheduled for April 1st, 8 am – 11 am at Hale Middle School!
- Look for mailers sent to all Stow residents, locally placed sandwich boards, notifications in the Stow Independent, and right here on the troop website for details on our 2023 date, location, and other details.
Neighboring town residents are encouraged to participate.
The troop will quickly and thoroughly destroy business and personal documents such as tax records, bank statements, bills, and credit card receipts, by partnering with a local third-party expert in secure document shredding. For the past several years Troop 1 Stow has partnered with EL Harvey. You can learn more about EL Harvey’s destructions services here.
EL Harvey will use its state-of-the-art truck for this event. The truck can shred thousands of pounds of paper an hour and its advanced shredding technology ensures each shred is completed efficiently and with the highest level of security. No need to take out staples, paper clips, or other small fasteners. You can watch your documents be destroyed via closed-circuit TV right on the shredding truck to ensure your documents are properly destroyed! All shredded material will be recycled, so you’ll be protecting the environment while protecting your identity.
Pricing and offerings are subject to change every year.
- The cost of the service is:
- $5.00/grocery store bag
- $10.00/banker/copy paper box (fits 5-gallon container)
- $15/large bank box (fits 17-gallon container).
Scouts will unload your materials, weigh them, and bring them to the shredder.
Cardboard boxes will be returned.
Papers items only ~ can have staples and paper clips but no binder clips.
Friends of Troop 1 Stow has adopted a cashless approach to our fundraising events. We find this to be a faster and easier option for both the community and the volunteers.
Have questions? Contact Us: 978-212-9175 or email@example.com
Friends of Troop 1 Stow is an organization that raises funds to support Troop 1, Stow